Chicken & Spaghetti

Jane Lumpkin Clotiaux (originally from Inez Liberstat)
Yield: 6-8 servings


A small book could be written about this recipe! It was a dish that I fixed often in the ’80s when kids and grandkids were coming. Maybe too often … I found out later that the grandkids were burned out on it, so I put it aside for a few years. (Dec 1996)

Alyson, Jeb, Micah and Cody still have nightmares about having to eat this EVERY TIME we got together! —Cheri Clotiaux Stringer (Dec 1996)


1 fryer chicken
Salt
Pepper
2 bay leaves
2 onions, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (10oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 lb Cheddar cheese, cubed
1 pkg spaghetti


Boil the fryer in water seasoned with salt, pepper and 2 bay leaves. Reserve broth. 

Bone and chop chicken meat. Slowly cook onions, bell pepper and garlic in mushroom soup (with 1 can chicken broth added) for about 25 minutes. Add boned chicken. 

Cook spaghetti in remaining broth. Drain and add spaghetti to chicken mixture. (If too dry, add more chicken broth.) 

Add cheese and stir to melt. Serve with green salad and hot rolls.