Cranberry Marmalade

Cheri Clotiaux Stringer (source unknown)
Yield: 8 3/4 cups


I am only guessing as I don’t know what year (probably between ’80 and ’87 before I started working full time), I went on a long and storied cranberry binge, hence the Cranberry Scones [Bread section], the Cranberry Salad Ring [Salad section] and this Cranberry Marmalade! I gave jars of this to friends and family around Christmas, and sold it at our church’s bazaar. (Dec 1999)


2 medium oranges
1 medium lemon
1 lb fully ripe cranberries
6 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 bottle CERTO Fruit Pectin



Cut 2 medium oranges and 1 medium lemon in quarters. Remove seeds. Grind the fruit, chop fine or slice crosswise wafer thin. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1/8 tsp soda. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 lb fully ripe cranberries; simmer covered for 10 minutes. Measure 5 cups into very large saucepan.

To the measured prepared fruit in saucepan, add 6 1/2 cups exact amount of sugar and mix well. Place over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. 

Remove from heat and immediately stir in CERTO. Skim off foam with metal spoon. Then stir and skim for 7 minutes to cool slightly and prevent floating fruit. Ladle into glass jars. Cover at once with 1/8 -inch hot paraffin.

NOTE: This is a beautiful red color, but will lose its color and flavor after about 1 year.