Thai Chicken Fettuccine Salad


Pam Clotiaux Howard (originally from Southern Living)
Yield: 4 large servings


This is one of my go-to recipes for potluck luncheons, etc. I first tried it when I was in search of a salad to take to the Fall Renaissance Club Luncheon — our family loves Thai! (Dec 1996)


1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use the low fat/low salt)
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
6 oz uncooked fettuccine, hot cooked, drained
3 chicken breasts (about 12 oz) boned, skinned, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (to cook the chicken in, but I cook it in microwave or boil it)
Lettuce or savoy cabbage leaves
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup peanut halves
1/4 cup thin pepper strips, cut into halves
Additional Pace Picante Sauce (optional)



Combine picante sauce, peanut butter, honey, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup picante sauce mixture. Place fettuccine in large bowl. Pour remaining picante sauce mixture over fettuccine; toss gently to coat.

Cook chicken in oil in large skillet over medium high heat until browned and cook about 5 minutes. Add reserved picante sauce mixture, mix well. Arrange fettuccine over lettuce mixture. Sprinkle cilantro, peanut halves and pepper strips over top. 

Refrigerate to cool to room temperature. Serve with additional picante sauce. Garnish as desired.