White Trash

Faith Fraizer Clotiaux (originally from Judy Hale)


     I got this recipe from my mother’s best friend from grade school, Judy Hale, many years ago. She was a very special lady to me and my mother still grieves her loss. She was so fun and full of life — a great lady! 
     I started preparing this when we lived in Whitehouse, Texas, to take on long trips back to Nederland, as we could barely get out of the driveway before the boys started crying, “We’re hungry!” They love it — problem solved. This recipe makes a large quantity, so I fill ziploc bags and freeze for future trips. A little sweet and a little salty — just like boys are! (Dec 1999)

1 box pretzel sticks
1 large box Honeycomb Cereal
1 jar dry roasted peanuts
2 cups pecan halves
2 (6oz) pkgs almonds
1 box raisins
2 pkgs almond bark

Melt almond bark in microwave. Mix remainder of ingredients and pour melted almond bark over it.

Stir gently until coated.

Tip: This can be placed in ziploc bags and stored in the freezer.