Pineapple Salad
Cheri Clotiaux Stringer (source unknown)
Yield: 6-8 servings
I attended a United Methodist Women district meeting about five years ago and they served this at lunch. Took some doing, but I finally tracked down the person who made it and got the recipe, but didn’t get her name! I have experimented with this recipe by substituting sugar-free gelatin and fat-free Cool Whip. It works fine and taste good, but of course, not as good as the sugary fat stuff! Regardless of how I make it, Bill is a fiend for this dish. I finally had to start making two batches, otherwise he won’t let it leave the house! (Dec 2000)
2 (3.4oz) pkgs lemon gelatin
1 (30oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups buttermilk
1 large container Cool Whip
1 cup chopped pecans
Combine gelatin with crushed pineapple and heat in saucepan until gelatin dissolves. Cool in refrigerator until the consistency of egg whites. Fold in buttermilk, Cool Whip and pecans. Refrigerate until firm.