Poblano and Corn Soup
Cheri Clotiaux Stringer (originally from Seafood and Spaghetti Works in Port Aransas, Texas)
Yield: 2 1/2 gallons
5 Poblano pepper, seeds removed
3 medium onions, minced
1 1/2 lbs butter (6 sticks)
2 (10.5oz) cans cream of corn
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/8 cup ground black pepper
1/2 cup parsley, minced
1/2 cup cumin
1/2 cup dehydrated chicken stock
10 cups half and half
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh coriander, minced (optional)
Yield: 2 1/2 gallons
The first time we ate at Seafood and Spaghetti Works, I tasted this truly amazing soup — I was in love. As we checked out, I noticed they had a small cookbook for sale and it had the recipe in it, so of course, I had to buy it! This soup and the Tortilla Soup from the book are both now family favorites. (Dec 1996)
5 Poblano pepper, seeds removed
3 medium onions, minced
1 1/2 lbs butter (6 sticks)
2 (10.5oz) cans cream of corn
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/8 cup ground black pepper
1/2 cup parsley, minced
1/2 cup cumin
1/2 cup dehydrated chicken stock
10 cups half and half
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh coriander, minced (optional)
Slice pepper and onions into strips. Sauté peppers and onions in butter. Add half & half. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream of corn and heat thoroughly for half an hour.
To serve place 1/8 cup cheese in each serving bowl. Ladle hot soup over cheese. Garnish with minced fresh coriander.
NOTE: This soup freezes well.