Shrimp Dip
Cheri Clotiaux Stringer (originally from Karen Wiggins)
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
½ lb Velveeta cheese
1 (10oz) can RO*TEL diced original Tomatoes & Green Chilies
2 tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb shrimp, cooked, cut into pieces
I first tried this when my friend and Birthday Club member, Karen Wiggins — retired teacher and gourmet cook — brought it to a gathering and it immediately became a Birthday Club favorite. It is one of the best dips I have EVER tasted!
One day I got an email from another Birthday Club member, Chris McCambridge (aka “the Gawdess”) because her husband’s office was having an appetizer contest and she needed a prize-winning recipe, so I gave her this one and it won! (Nov 2010)
One day I got an email from another Birthday Club member, Chris McCambridge (aka “the Gawdess”) because her husband’s office was having an appetizer contest and she needed a prize-winning recipe, so I gave her this one and it won! (Nov 2010)
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
½ lb Velveeta cheese
1 (10oz) can RO*TEL diced original Tomatoes & Green Chilies
2 tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb shrimp, cooked, cut into pieces
Cut Velveeta and cream cheese into pieces and place in covered dish. Add RO*TEL, Tabasco, onion and garlic. Melt mixture in the microwave. Add shrimp. Stir and reheat if necessary until there are no lumps. Serve with chips.