Surprise Candy
Jane Lumpkin Clotiaux (originally from Kim Hildabrant)
Yield: 30 pieces
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (1-lb, 2oz) pkg Oreo cookies
6 bars almond bark chocolate
Yield: 30 pieces
I first ate these at one of my church’s fifth Sunday dinners. It is unusual to find anyone who can identify the ingredients by tasting them, but of course the chocolate expert, Derek Clotiaux, figured it out with the first bite! He said, “I know my chocolate.” It’s fun trying to get people to guess. (March 2005)
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (1-lb, 2oz) pkg Oreo cookies
6 bars almond bark chocolate
Crumble cookies into smaller pieces and put in your electric chopper and pulse until the cookies are fine crumbs.
Mix cookie crumbs with softened creamed cheese (I use my electric mixer for this). Roll into small balls. Melt chocolate over hot water and dip each ball into chocolate and put on wax paper to cool.