Watermelon Margaritas

Alyson Stringer
Yield: 6 servings

I created these for a 4th of July gathering and they were a hit! You may want to play with the tequila amount a bit ... my friends thought there could be more and my mom thought less. I had already been making a watermelon margarita with Watermelon Pucker (a liqueur), but this time added real watermelon and now they’re to die for! This is a very light, slightly addicting summer drink! (July 2007)


1/8 round seedless watermelon meat, puréed
2 oz sweetened lime juice (Rosie’s, etc.)
2 oz Watermelon Pucker (this is a sweet/sour liqueur)
8 oz tequila (I used Cuervo® Silver)
1/2 (12oz) can unsweetened carbonated lime water (I use La Croix)
1 sngl Splenda (You can buy a box of Splenda singles, and you only need 1!) 

Cut the watermelon into eighths. (I set aside a couple more for additional drink batches and let guests eat the rest!)

Cut the meat off 1/8th, purée and pour into pitcher. Add other ingredients and stir. Serve over ice.

NOTE: If you want to make this into a frozen margarita, blend all ingredients except carbonated water, replace that with ice and lime juice. It will work best if all the ingredients are very cold.


To make this lower calorie, replace sweetened lime juice with fresh lime juice sweetened with Splenda or similar.