Corn Casserole
Payton Pate Clotiaux (originally from Amy Brown Dinger)
Yield: 12 servings
Another wonderful side dish from my aunt — she has made this as long as I can remember. This is usually a dish that I will make if we have people over or we go to a family function. And this is another one of Jaylon’s favorites — he tries to sneak it back in the fridge if I try to take it anywhere! (Nov 2010)
2 (15.25oz) cans whole kernel corn, drained
2 (15.25oz) cans cream style corn
6 Tbsp of flour
4 Tbsp of sugar
4 eggs
2 sticks of butter (melted)
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Beat eggs and butter. Pour canned ingredients, flour and sugar all in a 9x13-inch dish, then stir. Add eggs and butter, bake for an hour at 350˚F.
NOTE: In the middle of baking, stir, so the eggs will cook. Depending on your oven, it may take more than 1 hour — just take it out when it no longer jiggles and it is a golden color.