Fit-For-A-King Lemon Chicken
Alyson Stringer (originally from Annabelle Fairchild Stringer)
Yield: 4 servings
This is my FAVORITE recipe ever! I could live on this stuff, but then I’d be 400 pounds. My grandmother, Annabelle (we call her Middie) always makes this when she knows I’m going to visit and it always brings a smile to my face and I always have to work at not inhaling the entire pan! (Dec 2005)
4 chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
1 (10oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (8oz) can water chestnuts, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 sleeve rich buttery crackers, crushed (Ritz)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
3 Tbsp poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Sprinkle the chicken over the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
Combine soup, sour cream, water chestnuts and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the layers.
Drizzle butter over the cracker crumbs. Sprinkle the poppy seeds over the top. Bake for 30-45 minutes.