Sweet Potato Casserole
Payton Clotiaux (originally from Amy Brown Dinger)
Yield: 15 servings
My aunt, Amy is a wonderful cook and since I lived away, I would call her about various recipes to steal. In college, all of my girlfriends would host a Thanksgiving party and I just knew I had to steal this one for the occasion. (Nov 2010)
9 small-medium sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1 heaping Tbsp cinnamon
Chopped pecans
Pinch of salt
1 stick butter, melted
1 (5oz) can evaporated milk
1/2 cup pecans
Bake nine sweet potatoes at 350˚F for about an hour. Peel and mash them.
Mix 1 cup of sugar and potatoes. Add the salt, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla. Put in 9x13-inch dish and bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes.
Mix pecans, butter, brown sugar and pecans together, pour over the top and bake for another 15 minutes.