Zucchini Cheese Bread
Alyson Stringer (originally from My HEB Texas Life Magazine)
Yield: 12 servings
Served this as part of a breakfast during a weekend with some camp friends at the lakehouse — it is light, savory and I love the basil! Super easy. I added a little more salt and cheese, as the cheese fiend Kelly Smith Howard and I paddle in the same boat! (May 2010)
Yield: 12 servings
Served this as part of a breakfast during a weekend with some camp friends at the lakehouse — it is light, savory and I love the basil! Super easy. I added a little more salt and cheese, as the cheese fiend Kelly Smith Howard and I paddle in the same boat! (May 2010)
2 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
3 cups all-purpose baking mix
2 cups zucchini, shredded (2 medium)
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
Heat oven to 400°F. Heavily spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, basil, red pepper, 1 cup water, baking mix, zucchini, and cheese. Spread the batter evenly in prepared baking dish and bake on center oven rack for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into 12 squares.